Got the frame stripped and painted. No photos of the process, sorry. I did a rattlecan job on it with acrylic enamel. Coat of primer, primer sealer, paint, and clear. Turned out ok, its a 3 foot paint job if you know what I mean.
Also broke down the front wheel and a short time later had it built on the Lefty hub. The spokes were almost dead on what freespoke gave me for lengths so I reused them. Wheel build turned out good and only took an hour. I'm getting pretty good at this wheel building stuff, those 6 wheel builds I did last year are paying off now.
I decided to toss on some rubber and see what kind of travel reduction spacer the Lefty Max is going to need for the 29er wheel. Looks like I'm well in the safety zone for 100mm and can even squeak out 110mm if I wanted to. I'll have to build a nice 40mm travel spacer from aluminum or plastic when I do the Lefty rebuild.
The Bric...._ mountain biker, road rider, heavyweight gear abuser. Built like a brick sh*thouse. No bike is safe.